Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Quick Hits for May

Read 5/6/13- This One is Mine, by Maria Semple- Not really sure why I liked this so much... All of the characters are deplorable for the majority of the book. But here I am two days later and I'm already done with it. Really well written and a quick and addictive read for sure. I'm still trying to decide between a 4 and a 5. I liked Bernadette better, but Bernadette was easily one of my favorite books in recent memory. Maria Semple impressed me again with this one. 4.5/5

Read 5/11/13- The Fault in Our Stars, by John Green- I don't have a lot to say on this one, but that’s not because I didn’t like it. It was really well done, but also sad, as you'd expect from a book about teenage cancer patients. Glad I read it for sure though, and I’d definitely recommend it. 4/5


Read 5/18/13- The All of It, by Jeannette Haien- I did not care for this book, our May book club selection. Not sure in general how it won so many awards, as it was essentially a 150 page conversation. And not a particularly interesting one. Lots of potential, and I think if it was told differently I would have enjoyed it more, but all of the suspense promised was gone after about 20 pages, and after that it was a tedious read. 2/5

No comments:

Post a Comment