Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Gone Girl- Gillian Flynn



Gone Girl was the hot book of the summer, and it totally deserves it. We picked this as our July book club book, and based only on buzz and reviews (but not too many reviews, because I refused to read many on the off chance the plot was even a little bit spoiled), I decided to wait to read this one on my annual beach vacation.

This is not a typical beach book. I mean, usually I want nothing but girly cutesy light books to read while laying next to the ocean. This was decidedly not that. What it is is an engrossing thriller that I was incredibly involved in from the start. Here’s what I’ll tell you about the plot: Amy and Nick are married. Amy disappears. GO.

This was a phenomenal book. I’m going to leave the review short and sweet because to say much more may ruin it. It’s best to go in cold. Gillian Flynn is a fantastic writer and keeps you on your toes throughout the story. The ending was a little bit frustrating, but this book’s still a 5. Highly, highly recommended for thriller lovers. A great read.

1 comment:

  1. I am a thirteen year old in the 7th grade. I have a very high reading level, and i read this book, and in fact, just finished it. it was truly amazing and a thriller. I know that some parts were gruesome for my age, but I was mature enough to handle it. GREAT BOOK.

    ReplyDelete