Monday, March 12, 2012

The Magician King- Lev Grossman



The sequel to The Magicians, The Magician King, by Lev Grossman, has some of the same spark as the original. Alternating between one of the new main characters, Julia’s origin story and continuing the adventures of Quentin and company from The Magicians, this one could be pretty comparable to Harry Potter becomes King.

I can’t say much about this one without giving away the events of the Magicians, but I will say that I didn’t like it quite as much. Maybe it’s because I didn’t like Julia the way that Grossman wanted me to, maybe it’s because I was less interested in the overarching plotline of the book than the individual adventures, I don’t know. But for some reason this one didn’t grab me quite as much as the first one did.

3- I’m glad I read/listened to it, and I’m sure if there is a third book to come I’ll be interested in that one too, but I don’t need to read it again.

No comments:

Post a Comment