Wednesday, August 10, 2011

The Accidental Billionaires- Ben Mezrich



What can I say about The Accidental Billionaires that hasn’t already been said about the movie made based off of it, The Social Network? I decided to check out this book in audiobook form, mostly BECAUSE I liked The Social Network so much, so let’s be honest, there was really no way I wasn’t going to like this one.

In case you haven’t heard all of the buzz in the past year or two, this (and the movie) is the story of the creation of Facebook. Everyone involved in the tech world would probably recognize the name of Mark Zuckerberg, Facebook’s CEO, but this book tells the stories of Eduardo Saverin, his friend and partner at the beginning, and the Winklevoss twins, who claim he stole the idea from them.

I’m not sure how much of this book is true, but I have to admit that it was a captivating story. This is another non-fiction book written very well, and something outside of my usual reading (and listening) material.

I have to admit that I liked the movie more though. Eduardo was a significantly more sympathetic main character, possibly even a protagonist, in the movie, and in the book he came off as sort of a tool. This is ironic, because the way it sounds, I think he was more involved in the writing of the book.

Regardless, this is an entertaining read/listen. Another good 3.

No comments:

Post a Comment