Tuesday, July 31, 2012

The Poet- Michael Connelly



Highly enjoyable and perfect for a long car ride, I read over half of The Poet on a 13 hour ride to the Outer Banks. With The Poet, one of the best crime thrillers I’ve read in quite awhile, I think Michael Connelly has officially taken over from James Patterson as my go-to thriller author.

Jack McEvoy is a journalist who is thrown into a serial murderer case when his brother, a cop, is killed in an apparent suicide while investigating a particularly gruesome case. But McEvoy doesn’t believe that his brother would have killed himself, and instead digs deeper and finds a pattern. From there, he finds himself drawn into the disturbing pattern of The Poet’s murders.

Like I’ve already said, Michael Connelly has really started to impress me… I had accidentally read the sequel to this book awhile back, and knew who was/wasn’t the killer, and I still really enjoyed the book. Next I think I’m going to have to get into his big moneymaker- the Harry Bosch series.

4- really liked it, bordered on loving it.

No comments:

Post a Comment