Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Attachments- Rainbow Rowell



The opposite side of the trip, the drive back from the Outer Banks, was spent reading Attachments, a surprisingly cute and girly book that I ended up kind of loving. I had heard about Attachments several months ago, but didn’t get around to reading it until now. And now having read it, I’m not sure what took me so long.

Attachments is one of those cutesy books that allow you to view a story through emails, but with the added twist of occasional chapters of narrative that isn’t told through emails. It’s a clever twist. Beth and Jennifer know their emails are being monitored, and yet they still use them for personal reasons (email portions of the book). Lincoln’s job is to notify people using the email system improperly, but instead finds himself engrossed in Beth and Jennifer’s lives, and doesn’t reprimand them (narrative portion). 


I liked this book significantly more than I thought I would, it was a very pleasant surprise. Somewhere between a 4 and a 5 for me. Very enjoyable and adorable. 


No comments:

Post a Comment