Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Knit Two- Kate Jacobs



This review has spoilers from the end of The Friday Night Knitting Club, so if you don’t want to know, stop reading now.

This one was my latest audiobook, and as it turns out, I missed Georgia Walker a lot more than I thought I would.

I probably should have read Knit Two after I read Friday Night Knitting Club. But I couldn’t bring myself to, I was too annoyed with what seemed to be an unnecessary pull at the heartstrings with Georgia’s death. I’m still not entirely sure that I like the way that Kate Jacobs does things, or maybe I’ve just had misconceptions all along about what kind of writer she is. Knit Two obviously returns to the characters of the first book and Walker and Daughter, Georgia’s knitting shop. We hear how everyone has been dealing with her death, and meet everyone several years after the fact, when Dakota, the daughter of Walker and Daughter, has just returned from her first year in college.

Long story short, everyone is struggling with problems in their lives, both personal and professional, all of which are dealt with throughout the book. And I wasn’t as invested as I should have been. Overall this book was fine, but it was missing the center that Georgia brought to the first one. I don’t think I’ll be reading the next sequel, which I believe is Christmas related.

2- as usual, this audiobook was fine. nothing fantastic or horrible about it. just entertaining enough to keep my interest.

No comments:

Post a Comment