Monday, July 11, 2011

Lies that Chelsea Handler Told Me- Chelsea's Family, Friends, and Other Victims


Due to a sudden need for beach reads (since after all, I just spent a week on the beach) Game of Thrones was tossed aside after about 150 pages (I’ll get back to it) to make room for the latest book from Chelsea Handler… or in this case, a book ABOUT Chelsea Handler.

I didn’t know what to expect with Lies Chelsea Handler Told Me. I loved Chelsea Chelsea Bang Bang and Are You There Vodka? It’s Me, Chelsea, but since this wasn’t written by Chelsea herself, I wasn’t expecting to like it as much as those two. Although it wasn’t exactly a triumph in hilarity, I was pleasantly surprised, and caught myself laughing / smiling like an idiot throughout the book regardless.

Chelsea clearly surrounds herself with some hilarious people, and thankfully, people who can take a joke. If there’s one thing that this book has definitively proved to me, it’s that I could never be friends with Chelsea Handler. I am far too gullible. The elaborate pranks she has pulled on her friends and family are in some cases so outrageous that I hesitate to believe they actually happened. But being an avid fan of her show and books, I can’t help but find them entertaining.

This book’s a solid 4, I liked it more than her first book (Horizontal Life) but not as much as her other two. I would have preferred another book that she wrote herself, but this is a good substitute!

I'm playing some catch up from the books I read on vacation, so next up will be one of those! 

No comments:

Post a Comment